Saturday, December 1, 2007

A lot to blog about...

Ok, so it is official, I am not very good at updating this thing.  I am sorry to those who are faithful readers and checked nightly only to be disappointed.  Rest assured, over the past week I have taken lots of pictures with lots of things to blog about.  So get ready to be overloaded.

Uncle Mike and Lynette joined us for Thanksgiving dinner.  This is me trying to get the only picture taken on Thanksgiving as they were heading out the door.  Don't look too close, you will see the kids eating powdered doughnuts.
One a recent trip to Costco, Dru not only kept entertained with the samples, but danced and played the drums.  On the way home we took pictures of each other.  Don't worry, I wasn't driving and taking pictures!

While Frank and Vicki were visiting, we were able to get through many home projects.  The two major projects were a much needed new kitchen sink.  And our leaky toilet repaired.  Look for a blog to come about that fiasco! 
Thought I would throw in a picture of Roxy, she thinks she is human!  Although in this picture we think she looks like an elephant, you know how they climb up on a little stool, she loves to sit on the step stool. 

Zoe and I went to Hockey game last weekend.  Zoe loves to sport her Stanley Cup Champions Anaheim Ducks jersey!  She tried so hard all night to get the camera man to put her on the jumbo-tron.  And she finally succeeded!  The second picture is her showing off her wild moves on the scoreboard!
      
My friend, Amanda, and I have a serious addiction....flower clips!! Over the past couple of months we have spent a lot of time and money on making hundreds of flower clips.  You might ask, well how many flower clips do your girls need?  Yeah, we ask the same thing.  We have finally decided we need to do something about this habit/addiction.  Yesterday we set up a display (and a really cute one at that!) at Curves to help support this habit!  We didn't sell a ton, but our crowd was less than desirable.  We hope to find a local craft show to take them to. This is our display (I told you it was cute) and our even cuter model!
      
Lastly, the girls room is really lacking in the art department.  And artwork for the walls is just so expensive.  So I bought some blank canvases and let my kids create their own artwork for the walls.  The kids enjoyed painting the pictures to hang on the wall.  Look for a future post about the finished product!

7 comments:

Joseph and Jenny said...

I enjoy your posts and, yes, I am one of the faithful followers who was disappointed you had missed several days.

The Everett Family said...

I love reading your posts...I would be interested in purchusing some of those flower clips! I have a hard time keeping Avery's hair out of her eyes!

Holly

Yonker Family said...

You're right, total blog overload, but I enjoyed every bit of it. I especially love the super cute hair clip model you found :)

Windy said...

I have been wondering how everything has been going with you all! how is school? are you surviving having a student as a husband? happy holidays!!
Windy

Carissa Poyfair said...

I would totally buy some of your flower clips. Olivia only wants "princess" bows, which are flowers, these days. And even though I can make my own, I just don't have the time. Anyway, cute blog! I'm excited to see what the kids artwork turned out like.

Rachael said...

You don't have to post everyday. I wonder how people have so much to post about when they do!
I check your blog every few days anyway and will continue doing so!

Porters said...

Cute flower clips, and a great display of them! Your model is very cute as well.