Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter Music Program

This past Thursday Tyler and Zoe had their Winter Music program. Let me start by saying, it was packed!  They have all grades perform on the same night, which included 50+ preschoolers.  After the preschool kids sang The Snowy Pokey and a snowflake song (can't remember the name of it) the gym cleared significantly and we were able to sit in the front row. Zoe's class and the other first grade class sang Shalom and March to the Nutcracker (according to Zoe) was performed on Kazoo's! It was very cute and Zoe was really into it.  I can't remember all of the other songs, but I did record the second graders singing O Kwanzaa.  There were a variety of other winter songs, but not a single "Christmas" song!  
So let me vent a second about that... I was so excited because I can remember as a little girl in elementary school always have a school performance at Christmas time.  And I can even remember singing Chanukah songs.  But this is the first time my kids have ever had "Winter performance." And I expected more of a variety than We Wish You a Merry Christmas.  And we did!  We had a Chanukah song, we had a snowman song, a snowflake song, a candle song, a Kwanzaa song, Winter in America song, December in our town song, but not a single song about Christmas!  That is rather frustrating to someone that actually celebrated Christmas!  Ok, so now I am over it.  The 4th and 5th graders combined and sang 4 songs total.  Tyler was a featured soloist for the Candle song.    
After the performance, they had cookies and juice and then I took the kids pictures.  
They looked so cute all dressed up!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

SecondsI am on your side with this one. Christmas is Christmas and I personally love this time of year! I have Christmas stations programed on my radio of which more than just Christmas carols are song. When we go out caroling this year - I guarantee there will be Christmas carols sung!

Yonker Family said...

Where is the video of them singing? They do look super cute and its good to see Dru wearing shoes:)

Rachael said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!! Alexis is singing Sleigh Ride, Dradel (?), and Feliz Navidad. Hello! Where are the Christmas songs. I had her ask her teacher and he said that it may offend people...who the $&*@! cares! It offends me that they are singing Hanukkah songs then! She said she was too embarrassed to say that to her teacher. I will! Okay, I am done!

Joseph and Jenny said...

So what's up with the no Christmas song thing, anyway? Especially if we are going to sing every other winter Holiday song? They do look cute, though!

Windy said...

you've been tagged!! read my e-mail to see what you have to do!

sara said...

Come on Jen, it's time for another blog post!!

Alison Day said...

Yeah! I am so happy to have found your blog! I hope you guys had a good Christmas! We miss you and hope that everything is going well. I will check in often to see what your cute family is up to! (I love your pictures of the kids on the side column! SO CUTE! and Zoe's hair looks GREAT short!) I hope she got what she wanted for Christmas (but I doubt both teeth will grow in THAT fast!)